For the City Times
WISCONSIN RAPIDS – United Way of Inner Wisconsin is proud to announce the kick off of its 2017 Campaign on Sept. 1.
“This is a special year because it’s our 75th Anniversary,” said Tari Jahns, CEO. “It is amazing to be celebrating 75 years of changing the community and to be part of a long history of change-makers. We are honored and hope to change the community for another 75 years.”
The 2017 theme, “There are 75 Reasons to Give. What’s Yours?” lists the United Way’s 75 favorite reasons to financially support United Way, and invites everyone to share why they donate to United Way by taking a short, four-question survey: https://www.uwiw.org/why-do-you-give. Responses can be displayed on the United Way of Inner Wisconsin website if desired.
There are many more ways to get involved this year:
- Participate in your workplace campaign or start your first campaign.
- Make an online donation using your credit card.
- Purchase raffle tickets for Packer Tickets by September 21, 2017.
- Make a new or increased $26+ donation and qualify for the $1,000 Sweepstakes.
- Make a donation in memory of – or in the name of – a loved one.
- Sign up for ACH (personal automatic withdrawal) payments.
- Use Amazon Smile and designate United Way of Inner Wisconsin.
- Visit our website to view our 2017 Campaign Video “What is Your Hope?”
- Get your oil changed during the Super-Lube Customer Appreciation Day September 8th from8am – 7pm and receive 50% off AND a portion will be donated to United Way of Inner Wisconsin.
- Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner during United Way Day at McDonald’s on September 12 from7am – 7pm (at the Wisconsin Rapids McDonald’s restaurant)
- Get your sensitive documents shredded for free during “Community Shred Day” on September 13 at River Cities Bank from 11am – 2pm. River Cities Bank and Bank-a-Count Corp. will donate $1.00 per pound up to $2,000.
- Participate in Community Wide Denim Day on October 6, 2017.
- Volunteer during our annual raking event “Day of Caring” on November 4, 2017.
- Celebrate our 75th Anniversary by viewing our “Online Museum”; check our Facebook page for “Flashback Fridays”; or see historical items on display at McMillan Memorial Library.
Katie Peters, our 2017 Campaign Chair, urges everyone to consider a gift to United Way, or to increase their gift this year.
“Last year, collectively, our programs, coalitions and initiatives impacted over 25,000 lives. We expect that same level of service in the upcoming year.” said Peters.
“I appreciate the opportunity to lead United Way through this campaign, as I know what an impact this has had and will continue to have on our community. It’s tough work. But, it’s critical work, or we wouldn’t be doing it. Join in helping each other, be a part of this community. Give generously. Give today.”