For the City Times
WISCONSIN RAPIDS – With 72 yards raked and over 430 volunteers participating, the 2017 Day of Caring was truly a success, according to the United Way of Inner Wisconsin.
The volunteers were able to collect personal essential items for Acorn Apartments, a low income apartment building for individuals with special needs. Day of Caring, which was held Nov. 4 this year, is an annual day of volunteering, organized by United Way of Inner Wisconsin’s Volunteer Center.
“This year’s Day of Caring was the best one yet.” said Amy Fluno, Day of Caring Coordinator for United Way. “We may not have had the best weather but the volunteers showed up anyway and raked their hearts out. I am so thankful for the wonderful volunteers who take time out of their busy weekends and spend it helping those in our community who need their help the most.”
United Way of Inner Wisconsin would also like to thank the following sponsors who made the 2017 Day of Caring a success:
- Wisconsin Rapids Noon Rotary, Wisconsin Rapids Kiwanis, and Port Edwards Lion’s Club for sponsoring the t-shirts.
- Grand Rapids Lion’s Club for hosting the event, providing event volunteers, and cooking breakfast.
- Kwik Trip for donating a gift card used to purchase fruit.
- Ocean Spray for donating juice.
- Pepsi Beverage Co. for donating water.
- Wal-Mart for donating a gift card used to purchase supplies.