Reminder: Mobile Food Pantry Oct. 26
For the City Times
The Neighborhood Table, a free community meal program, and the South Wood Emerging Pantry Shelf (SWEPS) have again partnered with Feeding America of Eastern Wisconsin to bring another mobile food pantry to Wisconsin Rapids.
The event will take place in the south parking lot of the United Methodist Church, 441 Garfield Street, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm on Wednesday, October 26, 2016. As a reminder, this mobile food pantry will be handled in the same manner as the other pantries held earlier this year:
Participants are to:
• Preregister by selecting an available time slot at http://www.theneighborhoodtable.org or call 715-422-2050 weekdays between the hours of 8:30 am to 11:30 am.
• Show proof of south Wood County residency via a current driver’s license or recent utility bill.
• Qualify for any of the various food assistance programs such as SNAP/Food Share/Quest, free and reduced lunches, WIC, etc.
• Participants are asked to bring sturdy containers for the food they will be given.
• On day of event, participants should come to the pantry no earlier than their confirmed time slot. This is to avoid traffic congestion that has occurred in the past.
• Those who come to the pantry without being preregistered will be turned away and asked to come back after 4 pm to get food if it is still available.
Each mobile pantry provides a total of about 12,000 meals for residents in the community. It should be noted this will be the last mobile food pantry of the year sponsored by TNT, SWEPS and Feeding America.
Details of this and future mobile food pantries are promoted on The Neighborhood Table’s Facebook page, www.theneighborhoodtable.org and the Facebook page of SWEPS of Wisconsin Rapids. TNT and SWEPS are working to secure funding sources for pantries to be held 2017.