Arts Council Announces 2017-18 Performances
For the City Times
The Arts Council of South Wood County is approaching the end of a successful 40th anniversary season, culminating with the Del McCoury Band on April 7.
Performances for 2017-18 have been identified and contracts executed. The Arts Council is excited to announce the following shows:
- October 13, 2017 – Rockapella (men’s a capella group) – rockapella.com
- November 10, 2017 – The New Christy Minstrels (folk music) – thenewchristyminstrels.com
- December 15, 2017 – Steve Lippia (A Swingin’ Holiday Affair/tribute to Frank Sinatra/big band performance) – stevelippia.com
- January 19, 2018 – Broadway’s Next H!t Musical (theatrical improvisation) – broadwaysnexthitmusical.com
- February 15, 2018 – Shades of Bublé (songs recorded and performed by Michael Bublé) – shadesofbuble.com
- March 16, 2018 – Larry Gatlin and the Gatlin Brothers (award-winning country) – gatlinbrothers.com
Part of the Arts Council’s mission is to focus on providing Artist-in-Education programs which allow professional arts to enrich the lives of area students. Next season, two of these shows provide us with outreach workshops for students in the Wisconsin Rapids area, in January and March.
As you can imagine, there are costs associated with bringing these acts to the Performing Arts Center. We will begin our solicitation campaign for sponsors for these shows in April. For as little as $1,000, you can co-sponsor a performance; and for $4,000 or more, you have your choice of performance sponsorship if your contribution is more than 50% of the performance fee.
If show sponsorship doesn’t appeal to you but you’d like to advertise your business throughout the six-show season, we have multiple options from which to choose, including color and black-and-white ads. Tax-deductible donations provide another means to support the Arts Council’s season, with four different levels, ranging from $1 to $500+.
Anyone interested in hearing more details about these opportunities should contact Sally Kissner, Executive Director of the Arts Council, at 715.421.4552; or email her at [email protected]