United Way of Inner Wisconsin Gives Away Free Children’s Books June 6-16
For the City Times
WISCONSIN RAPIDS – United Way of Inner Wisconsin will be giving away FREE children’s books during its 8th Annual Great Book Giveaway from June 6-16 in south Wood and Adams Counties.
Volunteers will be reading to children at each location for approximately half an hour; and afterwards each child can select two FREE books to take home and keep. The books were collected during a book drive held in April.
All children and youth (from ages birth to 12 years), parents, grandparents, caregivers, and day care providers are invited to attend this free event. Families can come to the event together; and day care providers are welcome to come and bring along all the children in their care.
The event listing is as follows:
- June 6, 2017: Charles and JoAnn Lester Public Library, Nekoosa, 10:30am
- June 7, 2017: Municipal Zoo Shelter, Wisconsin Rapids, 10:30am
- June 8, 2017: THINK Academy Playground, Rudolph, 10:30am
- June 8, 2017: McMillan Memorial Library (outside), 6:00pm
- June 9, 2017: Edwards Alexander Memorial Park, Port Edwards, 10:30am
- June 15, 2017: Lester Public Library of Vesper, 2:30pm
- June 16, 2017: Burt Morris Park, Adams-Friendship, before the free summer lunch program,10:30am
The purpose of the Great Book Giveaway is to keep kids reading and inspire learning during the summer months by giving them new reading material to enjoy. Kids who read during the summer are less likely to fall behind when the new school year begins.