Mobile Food Pantry Comes Back to Wisconsin Rapids July 26
For the City Times
WISCONSIN RAPIDS – The Neighborhood Table, the South Wood Emerging Pantry Shelf (SWEPS), Aspirus Riverview Foundation and Feeding America of Eastern Wisconsin have again partnered to bring another mobile food pantry to Wisconsin Rapids.
The next mobile food pantry will be held, rain or shine, Wednesday, July 26, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the south parking lot of the United Methodist Church, 441 Garfield Street, Wisconsin Rapids.
This mobile food pantry will be handled in the same manner as previous pantries:
- Preregistration is required by selecting an available time slot at http://www.theneighborhoodtable.org or by calling 715-422-2050 weekdays between 8:30 am and 11:30 am.
- Show proof of south Wood County residency via a current driver’s license or recent utility bill.
- Qualify for any of the various food assistance programs such as SNAP/Food Share/Quest, free and reduced lunches, WIC, etc.
- Bring sturdy containers for the food being picked up
- On day of event, arrive no earlier than the confirmed time slot. This is to avoid traffic congestion that has occurred in the past.
- Those who come to the pantry without being preregistered will be turned away and asked to come back after 4 pm to get food if it is still available.
Details of this and future mobile food pantries will be promoted on The Neighborhood Table’s Facebook page, www.theneighborhoodtable.org as well as the Facebook page of SWEPS of Wisconsin Rapids and www.swepspantry.org