Wisconsin Rapids School District Receives $11 Million Loan
For the City Times
MADISON – The Board of Commissioners of Public Lands (BCPL) approved a State Trust Fund Loan totaling $11,500,000 to the Wisconsin Rapids School District to finance energy efficiency and capital improvement projects.
The Board approved loans totaling $21,739,460.93 at today’s meeting. They include:
- Christmas Mountain Sanitary District, Sauk County / Finance sanitary sewer projects / $650,000
- Village of Clayton, Polk County / Purchase dump truck / $160,000
- Town of Janesville, Rock County / Finance fire protection / $300,000
- Town of Johnson, marathon County / Refinance grader loan / $220,000
- Town of Maxville, Buffalo County / Finance roadwork / $45,000
- Town of Phelps, Vilas County / Finance road projects / $700,000
- Town of Phelps, Vilas County / Refinance BCPL loan #2009255 / $354,039.93
- Richland County / Purchase squad cars / $120,000
- Richland County / Finance capital projects / $1,390,421
- Town of Salem, Pierce County / Finance bridge replacement / $270,000
- City of Sheboygan, Sheboygan County / Finance TID #16 development incentive / $400,000
- Town of Sugar Camp, Oneida County / Purchase land; construct ambulance building / $300,000
- Verona Area School District, Dane County / Finance school projects / $5,000,000
- Town of Wautoma, Waushara County / Finance roadwork / $60,000
- Village of Whitelaw, Manitowoc County / Finance roadwork / $170,000
- Town of Winchester, Winnebago County / Finance roadwork / $100,000
- Wisconsin Rapids School District, Portage and Wood Counties / Finance energy efficiency and capital improvement projects / $11,500,000
The BCPL operates entirely on program revenue, without taxpayer money and distributes more than 96 cents of every dollar of interest earned on BCPL State Trust Fund investments to Wisconsin’s public schools. The 2017 earnings of $32.1 million are the sole source of state funding for K‑12 public school library materials.
A list of 2017 library aid received by each public school district is available at: (http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov/docview.asp?docid=28101&locid=145).