Letter to the Editor: April 2 is voting day
April 2 is voting day! It is so important that you exercise your right and go into the booth to select the candidate that most mirrors your values, vision and hope for your community. So many elections have been won or lost by just a few votes and that’s what makes your individual vote so critical to this upcoming election.
Running for a position on the Rome Town Board is Lori Djumadi. She is by far the most qualified, knowledgeable and experienced candidate. Her resume of service to the Town of Rome is quite extensive and includes:
- Community Development Authority Member
- Steering Committee member of Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan
- Committee member for Splash Pad Work Group
- Worked with Heart of WI Chamber of Commerce to initiate “Music in the Park”
- Founding member of Rome Tourism Bureau
- Founding/Charter Member and first president of American Legion Auxiliary Ryan Larson Post #65
- Initiated collaboration to create Chester School Forest (Chester Outdoor Learning Center)
- Adams County Board Supervisor
- Coordinated workshop for unified strategic planning among various town committees
- Member of Rome Library Expansion Capital Campaign Committee
- Adams County Chamber of Commerce & Tourism Ambassador
- Town of Rome Supervisor for 8 years
Rome is on the cusp of huge potential growth which makes it even more imperative to vote an experienced individual who can hit the ground running. There will be no learning curve with Lori’s credentials. As a member of the Town Board, she will continue to be a strong advocate of preserving our quality of life through well-planned growth and protecting our natural resources.
Lori has been a part of Rome as a resident and tireless volunteer for over 35 years and is aware of issues critical to our community. Through many of those years she has established solid relationships with local volunteer groups and municipal organizations to get the job done.
I urge you to go to the polls on April 2 and vote for Lori Djumadi for Rome Town Board Supervisor!