DECA Members Advance to ICDC
For the City Times
WISCONSIN RAPIDS – Lincoln High School will be represented by 24 DECA students at the International Career Development Conference next month and three students will attend the THRIVE Leadership Academy, after competing at the state level in February.
DECA competitions consist of cluster tests and series events where students solve real-world problems related to business and marketing. Additionally, some students take on additional written projects where they follow the project management process. Project events require students to write reports and give 15-minute presentations sharing their experiences through the project management process.
In addition, Amelia Marti and Isabelle Rasmussen were elected to Team 57-Wisconsin DECA’s State Officer Team.
The following students are headed to the ICDC in the following events:
• Carson Gunderson, Dylan Gruszynski and Carter Morrison placed first in their Sports and Entertainment Marketing Operations research project;
• Sydney Seavey placed first in Sports and Entertainment Marketing;
• Paige Gunderson, Isabelle Rasmussen and Sydney Hayes placed second in Business Solutions;
• Raya Broeren, Natalie Yanke and Sydney Seavey placed second in their Career Development;
• Natalie Dillon placed second in Hospitality and Tourism Professional Selling;
• Madelyn Hepp and Aria Fischer placed third in Business Law and Ethics Team Decision Making;
• Josh Bush placed third in Marketing Education Training and Presentation;
• Jonah Rasmussen placed fourth in Marketing Education Training and Presentation;
• Isabelle Rasmussen and Kate Schaeffer placed sixth in Travel and Tourism Team Decision Making;
• Carson Gunderson and Zach Schaeffer placed sixth in Sports and Entertainment Marketing Team Decision Making;
• Paige Gunderson and Sydney Hayes placed seventh in Marketing Management Team Decision Making;
• Natalie Yanke placed seventh in Restaurant and Food Services Marketing;
• Dane Kubisiak, Zach Schaeffer and Chue Fue Khang advanced to ICDC with their School-Based enterprise project ranking at a Gold Level Certification (less than 450 districts worldwide achieve this).
The ICDC takes place April 22-27 in Atlanta, Ga.