Details on This Year’s ‘4th of July Street Dance’
City Times Staff
WISCONSIN RAPIDS — Details have been released on this year’s 4th of July celebration.
As always, fireworks will begin at 9:30 p.m. and can be viewed along most of the riverbank. This year’s display will be run by the Teen Fireworks Committee, who raised money for the show, and will include choreographed music. The event will be broadcast on Y105.5 – WJLY.
Food vendors will be spread out from W. Grand Ave. on the west side of the river to E. Grand Ave. and 2nd St. Below is a list of guidelines for the event, according to the city:
• No tarps, blankets or chairs can be placed on the river bank or in any City park before 6:00 a.m. on July 4. Any article placed before 6:00 a.m. will be removed.
• No parking will be allowed on 2nd Street South between East Jackson Street and Mead Street, from 6:00 a.m. on July 4 through the conclusion of the event.
• No parking will be allowed on Birch, Maple, Walnut, Pine, Witter, Locust and Mead Streets between 2nd Street South and 3rd Street South, from 6:00 a.m. on
July 4 through the conclusion of the event.
• Parking spaces designated for individuals with disabilities will be available at the Moravian Church on Goggins Street (West side) and First Congregational Church, Maple Street parking lot (East side).
• Boaters: There will be a safety zone established (dependent on weather conditions) which will be set and monitored by boat patrols. This will protect boaters from being in an area were fallout from the display could strike a person or boat and potentially cause injury, or a fire or explosion.
• Boaters are reminded to make sure there are sufficient certified flotation devices onboard and the boat’s capacity is not exceeded.
• For easier departure at the conclusion of the event, park on the side of the river in which you live or the area from which you travel.
• Obey traffic direction provided by local law enforcement.
• Always yield to pedestrians and be especially alert for children.
• Take the time you need to return home safely.
The Aqua Skiers will be hosting their own 4th of July celebration before and after the fireworks show. Festivities will start as early at 1PM, as part of the Aqua Skiers’ ‘4th of July Street Dance’.
You can catch award-winning country band ‘Branded’ play fro 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. while supporting the Aqua Skiers as they get ready for the State Tournament on July 20. A 50/50 raffle will be held with proceeds going to the Aqua Skiers.