Fire damages longtime Saratoga Motel
By Rapids City Times staff
SARATOGA – An early morning fire on Oct. 12 caused heavy damage to a longtime Saratoga motel.
Fire crews were called to the Camelot Motel at 9210 State Hwy 13 South, for a report of flames shooting from the windows and eaves of the structure.
The Grand Rapids, Port Edwards, Rome, and Nekoosa fire departments responded to the call and were able to keep the fire controlled to a portion of the motel.
The Camelot Motel is family-owned and was built in the 1950s.